For directions to Rocky Point Contact meat 602-476-2304 or see below.
DIRECTIONS FROM CALIFORNIA VIA THE COASTAL HIGHWAY:
Note: The map above does not show the new Coastal Highway route below.
- Take Exit 166 - Algadones and make a RIGHT
- Cross the Algadones Border - you will be traveling on Calle Segunda aka Calle 2a and soon come to a dead end (T Intersection)
- Make a LEFT - you will cross a bridge and continue on a narrow 2 way street for about 17.5 miles
- Follow the signs to Mex 2 - SLR Colorado
- Go under the bridge and make a LEFT
- Continue on to San Luis for about 2 miles and you will reach the toll booth (Cost is 12 pesos)
- Follow signs to Glfo Santa Clara and Puerto Penaso - you are in downtown San Luis right now and will travel about 7 miles in downtown
- Exit Puerto Fronterezo and make a RIGHT at stop sign to 197 - Glfo Santa Clara for about 8.5 miles
- You will come to a round about and follow the signs to Puerto Penasco & Santa Clara
- You will come to a Toll booth (Cost is 105 pesos) and keep on this road for about 28.5 miles
- Make a LEFT at stop sign that says Son 40 - Caborca, Puerto Penasco & Glfo Santa Clara and travel about 1.5 miles to military check point
- After the military check point you will continue traveling for about 23 miles and come to Son 003 - Puerto Penasco where you will make a LEFT
- Travel about 85 miles and you will see a sign that says 003- Pto Penasco to the Left and then you will see a sign that says SANDY BEACH straight forward. You will follow the sign to Sandy Beach and go straight through the 4 way intersection.
- Travel about 2.3 miles and you will come to a round about in the road and veer right on the round about (You will see Pemex Gas Station and Mini Market on your left hand side)
- Take the first right off the round about and follow the signs that say Sonoran Sea & Las Palmas etc.
- Go under the Orange Arches that say Sandy Beach Resorts and head towards the resorts.
- Follow the sign to your resort
DIRECTIONS FROM ROCKY POINT BACK TO SAN DIEGO
1. From Sandy Beach head to the round about where the “Gas Station” & "Quick Mart" convenience store is.
2. Take the round about and take the road that is left of the Gas Station & Quick Mart.
3. Continue all the way to El Golfo de Santa Clara
4. The Hwy will end and you turn RIGHT
5. Go until the Military check point (about 20 miles) 1 mile past the check point turn RIGHT onto the new toll road
to San Luis.
6. You will come to the toll booth (about 25 miles) after you pay at booth, turn right at the traffic circle and go 8 miles
to MEX HWY 2
7. Turn LEFT and go thru downtown San Luis to the Baja California Border Toll station.
8. After the toll station go only 2 miles and take Algadones off ramp to the RIGHT.
9. Go about 18 miles on the narrow river road to Algadones,
10. fter you cross the bridge over the rapid waters of the Rio Colorado, turn RIGHT at the 1st stop sign,
11. Stay on the street all the way the the US Border crossing (about 2 miles) – Don’t get confused if you see a border
straight ahead that is to reinter back to Mex.. You need to make a right and the border to the US line is there.
Once across the border it's just about 1 1/2 miles to US I-8.
Safe travels and see you in Rocky Point!