For directions to Rocky Point Contact me at 602-476-2304 or see below.
DIRECTIONS FROM TUCSON: 212 Miles
- Take I-10 to I-19 South
- After approximately 1 mile, exit onto SR 86 West (Ajo Highway)
- Continue on SR 86 West until you arrive at the intersection of SR 85 in Why, AZ
- Turn left (South) on SR 85
- Continue on SR 85 South to Lukeville, AZ until you reach the US/Mexico border (30 miles)
- Lukeville is the border between USA and Mexico. Once you cross the border, you will be in Sonoyta, Mexico. At this time, distances change from miles to kilometers.
- Continue on the main road for approximately 1.8 miles.
You will arrive at a 2-way intersection with a stop sign. At this time, you will see a monument and signs for Puerto Penasco and Santa Ana. Follow the signs to Puerto Penasco.
- Stay to the right towards Puerto Penasco/Carborca at the Y on the road. There is a traffic light soon after you bear right. Continue straight through this traffic light to Mexico Highway 8.
- Once you have gone through Sonoyta, continue on Highway 8 to Puerto Penasco (60 miles). Along the way, there is a sign that says El PTO Penasco. DO NOT turn at this sign. It is in the middle of the desert.
- Continue on Highway 8. You will see a sign that says "Reserva De La Biosfera" and immediately after that a marker that says Puerto Penasco 40 and you know you are on the right track. From this point you will travel 24 miles to the "Laguna Del Shore Mexico Route 37".
- Make a Right at Laguna Del Shore Mexico Route 37. The Overpass bridge will be on on your left side, but you are making a right and you will travel 3.3 miles.
- Cross the railroad tracks and make a Left and at the 3.3 miles You will make a Left.
- You will continue for 2.3 miles and come to a roundabout with a windmill on your left side and Quick Mart with a gas station.
- Veer Right at the roundabout and take your first right and follow the signs to the resorts.
- At 1.2 miles you will either turn left for "Sonoran Sky Resort, Puerta Privada Resort and Las Palomas Resort" OR continue straight ahead up the hill to "Princesa Resort, Casa Blanca Resort, Costa Diamante, Sonoran Spa Resort, Sonoran Sea Resort, Las Palmas, Sonoran Sun Resort, Bella Sirena Resort & Esmeralda Resort"
Safe travels and see you in Rocky Point!